Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gingerbread boys and girls...

Every Christmas since I was little my mom would bake gingerbread boys and girls while we decorated our christmas tree....we never really ate them....but the house sure smelled GOOD and it sure was fun to decorate them!
I think I like them so much now b/c of that tradition! We started letting the kids decorate gingerbread houses about 3 years ago...they look forward to it every Thanksgiving...with no exception this year!
I also thought that it would be neat to take the kids to the Funky paintbrush in Woodstock...where they painted gingerbread houses to add to my Christmas decorations! I wasn't sure how they would do...some of the paintings look hard...but just look at the pictures below...they did a great job! I'm so excited about putting them up..I have to find the perfect place to display their work of art!











Landon was so methodical with his house...he was very patient and matched all his colored candy up...he has to much of his mama in him!

No comments:

Post a Comment